Thanks to "More Truth" for pointing this study out.
Statistically speaking, abduction is an area parents worry about more than they should, but this doesn't mean it should be glossed over. Preventive efforts to teach kids stranger danger & abduction prevention techniques have foiled thousands upon thousands of would-be abductions.
- Yearly around 750,000 children are reported missing in the United States, around 2,000 every day.
- Most of these are runaways or kids taken by a family member.
- Around 100 children are abducted and murdered in the U.S. each year. Around 60% of all child-murder abductions are at the hands of someone the child knows, not a stranger.
- In around 75% of all murder-abductions, the child is believed to be dead within 3-6 hours of the abduction.
- Nearly all murdered children are killed by a family member, most often a parent.
- Most murdered children are not killed by pedophiles or sex-offenders, but by physical abusers, drug addicts, drug dealers, alcoholics, sadists (those who kill for thrill), and lain old otherwise ordinary people.
- For every successful stranger abduction, there are many more failed attempts. It's hard to know the exact number, as many cases are disregarded by parents and never reported, and record keeping is spotty at best. But based on our own monitoring of news reports, we would estimate around 20 failed attempts for every successful abduction. So while only around 100 children are kidnapped and murdered each year (most by friends and family), countless others are tested! Make sure your child is prepared.
- Women are the culprits in 68% of all child abduction cases worldwide.
- Seven in ten children will walk away with a stranger despite being warned, according to the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children. This is because merely telling kids "don't talk to strangers" isn't enough. They need more substantial training in stranger danger.
You will notice in the videos below, that a lot of what they say, doesn't jive with the actual facts. Most people who kidnap their kids and/or kill them, is their own parents, not some strange sex offender across the street or down the road, but hey, if they told you the facts, they'd not be able to make money from their fear-mongering and your ignorance of the facts, which the media goes a long with.