Monday, June 6, 2011

NC - Man cannot even take people's crap without them bitching!

Original Article

06/06/2011

By RAD BERKY

CHARLOTTE - For the past couple of weeks neighbors in the Providence Downs South community have talked about a man named [name withheld] who has been going door-to-door.

He is trying to get them to sign up for his business called "Poop Van Scoop." It is a service to come and clean your pet's waste from your yard.

But it is who [name withheld] is that has neighbors here concerned.

"We've heard he is a sex offender and he is driving a car with 'pooper scooper' on the side of it," said resident Rob Thomas.

[name withheld] is in fact a registered sex offender. He lives in Lincoln County and investigators say he has been driving from Lincoln County to Union County where he has been going around putting fliers in mailboxes and stopping people on the street.

A family in Charlotte reported to police this past weekend that a man had approached their seven and eight year old children and wanted to talk about his business. The children's mother said police told her it was likely [name withheld].

Those who have seen him driving around say [name withheld] uses a black or dark colored sedan with ads on both doors for "Poop Van Scoop".

"I'm happy that gates are going up at Providence Downs South," said resident Sue Spatz.

Construction is under way to install gates, but the fact is, according to the Union County Sheriff's Office, [name withheld] and any other sexual offender has every right to go door to door advertising for business.

"Poop Van Scoop" is owned by [name withheld], who is [name withheld]'s mother. She says she understands the concerns and because questions have been asked about her son, he has decided to move to Chicago as soon as possible.

Neighbors in Providence Downs South say they are glad to hear that, but add they will keep a wary eye out.

Susan Spatz said, "People really care for their children here. They don't let them out of their sight."


NY - Transcript of Anthony Weiner's Statement Confessing to Twitter Photo, Past Relationships

Anthony Weiner
Original Article

06/06/2011

The full text of Rep. Anthony Weiner's statement to the media admitting he sent a lewd photo to a Twitter follower and has had other inappropriate relationships:

Thank you very much for being here, and good afternoon.

I’d like to take this time to clear up some of the questions that have been raised over the past 10 days or so, and take full responsibility for my actions.

At the outset, I’d like to make it clear that I have made terrible mistakes that have hurt the people I care about the most, and I’m deeply sorry.

I have not been honest with myself, my family, my constituents, my friends and supporters, and the media.

Last Friday night, I tweeted a photograph of myself that I intended to send as a direct message as part of a joke to a woman in Seattle.

Once I realized I had posted it to Twitter, I panicked, I took it down, and said that I had been hacked. I then continued with that story to stick to that story, which was a hugely regrettable mistake.

This woman was unwittingly dragged into this and bears absolutely no responsibility. I am so sorry to have disrupted her life in this way.

To be clear, the picture was of me, and I sent it.

I am deeply sorry for the pain this has caused my wife, Huma, and our family, and my constituents, my friends, supporters and staff.

In addition, over the past few years, I have engaged in several inappropriate conversations conducted over Twitter, Facebook, email, and occasionally on the phone with women I had met online.

I have exchanged messages and photos of an explicit nature with about six women over the last three years. For the most part, these relation-- communications took place before my marriage, though some have sadly took place after.

To be clear, I have never met these any of these women or had physical relationships at any time. I haven’t told the truth, and I’ve done things I deeply regret.

I brought pain to people I care about the most and the people who believed in me, and for that I’m deeply sorry. I apologize to my wife and our families, as well as to our friends and supporters.

I’m deeply ashamed of my terrible judgment and actions. I’ll be glad to take any questions that you might have.



Video Link

Maybe he should apply for a job here?

Video Link


TN - Law enforcement sees juvenile sex offender registry implemented

Original Article

Congress is nothing more than an assembly line to push laws through, and I am willing to bet, most laws are not read in their entirety, nor discussed, just the title is read, and people vote Yay or Nay.

06/05/2011

By Tavia D. Green

Tennessee has joined the 37 states that are in compliance with the Adam Walsh Federal Act of 2006 which requires states to have a juvenile sex offender registry.

On May 21, Tennessee House Bill 687 was passed and any juvenile committing a violent sex crime on or after July 1, 2011, will have to register with law enforcement as a violent sex offender.

The registry will be a confidential registry available only to law enforcement agents.

The juvenile sex offender law requires all juveniles ages 14-18 who have been adjudicated or found guilty of a violent sex offense to register as violent sex offenders. Violent sex crimes include crimes that if committed by an adult would equal rape, aggravated rape, aggravated sexual battery, rape of a child or criminal attempt of such offenses.

A violent juvenile sex offender would be listed as such until reaching 18 years old, and then would register as an adult sex offender and fall under the requirements of the Tennessee Sexual Offender and Violent Sexual Offender Registration which the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation mandates.

Locally, Montgomery County Sheriff's Office Investigator Jeff Morlock is in charge of sex offender registration and will work with the juvenile court to organize juvenile sex offender registration.

Morlock said he will meet with the family privately after a juvenile is adjudicated as a violent sex offender and also perform home visits. The specifics are still being worked out as the law is added to Tennessee Code Annotated, Morlock said.

First-time offenders who are not convicted of any more sex offenses may apply for removal from the registry once they reach age 25. Juveniles who are convicted of a second violent sex offense, however, will be placed on the adult sex offender registry once they turn 18 and will remain on the registry for life.

Kristin Helm, spokeswoman for TBI said only law enforcement will have access to the juvenile sex offender registry, which will be modeled similar to the current sex offender registry.


NV - Hangover Actor (Douglas Brian Irvin Jr.) Busted for Sex Crime

Douglas Brian Irvin Jr.
Original Article

06/06/2011

By Josh Grossberg

Memo to aspiring Hollywood stars: this is not the way to get yourself noticed.

A small-time actor who played a Las Vegas cop in CSI: Crime Scene Investigation and a hotel guest in 2009's The Hangover has been locked up in Sin City on charges of trying to coerce a Sin City masseuse into having sex with him by pretending to be...wait for it...a police officer.

Way to put the "wolf" in Wolfpack.

The alleged perp, Douglas Brian Irvin Jr., was at the Hooters Casino Hotel on May 15 when he responded to an ad for a $180 sensual body scrub. Per the police report obtained by the Las Vegas Sun, a woman identified by her stage name "Isabella" turned up and Irvin began touching her against her will and then offered her $10,000 for sex.

Isabella told investigators that she agreed on the condition he give her the money upfront. At which point, Irvin pulled out a laminated ID card that said he was with the vice squad and demanded she engage in intercourse for free, otherwise she'd be in "lots of trouble," according to the report.

Based on his "very cop-like" demeanor, the victim believed the 32-year-old and agreed to have sex with him to avoid arrest. He also took a photo of her during the encounter.

Over the next couple of days, according to the report, the two traded texts and it was at that point Isabella learned he wasn't a cop after all. She reported the incident to the real Vegas PD, which tracked him down via a parole officer and took him into custody.

No immediate word what his past criminal offense was, but Irvin was booked into Clark County jail Thursday on charges of impersonating a police officer, oppression under color of law, and sexual assault and coercion.

During questioning, detectives also found cell phone pics of him dressed in various cop uniforms and an ID card identifying him as a "special agent," all of which he claimed were from his film and TV parts.

Irvin, whose additional small screen-credits included playing an FBI agent in the direct-to-DVD Stargate: The Ark of Truth and an intern on ER, also alleged that Isabella tried to force him to perform a sex act and not the other way around.

A defense lawyer could not be reached for comment. Irvin's due back in court Tuesday.


NC - Former Sheriff's Deputy (Edward Negron) Pleads Guilty on charges of indecent liberties with a minor

Edward Negron
Original Article

06/06/2011

By Chris Brown

Jacksonville - A former Onslow County Sheriffs deputy pleaded guilty on charges of indecent liberties with a minor in an Onslow County court room Monday.

Edward Negron was charged late last year for sexually assaulting a young woman more than 10 years ago.

The victim was not in court but wrote a statement and asked that it be read aloud.

In the statement, the victim says her life has been a msaquerade and she calls the assault a ghost that haunts her. In more vivid detail, the victim recalls how she sees herself in Negron's car and him asking her to pull down her underwear. The victim says her trust was stolen.

With the courtroom in tears, the reading of the statement continued. The victim says the assault cost her her pride. She's relieved that the truth is out, but finds herself embarrased by the reality.

The victim's mother says the assault was something she strived to protect her children from. She even says Negron was their family's closest friend.

The judge called this a tragedy, not an incident. The judge told everyone in the courtroom that Negron embarrassed himself, the marines he served with and the sheriffs office. Negron has been sentenced to 5 years probation and he will register as a sex offender.

Tonight at 6 hear exclusively from the victims family, speaking out about the man they say was a close family friend, now accused of an unspeakable act.