View the article here
Stupidity runs rampant in this country (USSA). Stranger danger accounts for 10% or less, so this does nothing to protect anybody, except make this jerk look better to the sheeple who believe anything they say. This is just more knee-jerk reactions. If we made all laws this way, we'd all be in prison now.
NEW BEDFORD — Mayor Scott W. Lang has submitted an ordinance to the City Council that would establish child safety zones around public places where children gather.
The proposed ordinance was drafted at the mayor’s request in the wake of a Jan. 30 sexual assault by a Level 3 sex offender against a 6-year-old boy in the New Bedford Free Public Library.
- See, this proves it's a knee-jerk reaction. And I am willing to bet, it will do nothing to prevent other crimes.
The ordinance would create specific public areas in the city where child sex offenders are prohibited., including:
- recreation centers
- day care centers
- private youth centers
- video arcades
- bathing beaches
- swimming and wading pools
- sports fields and facilities
- school and camp bus stops
Parking areas and the land surrounding the facilities also would be part of the child safety zones.
“I do not have any qualms about protecting the kids in our city; they are my number one concern,” Mayor Lang said in a prepared statement. “I want to send a clear message to all Level 2 and Level 3 child sex offenders that New Bedford is going to do everything it can to protect the children in our community from the individuals who prey on them,” the statement said.
- They are your number one concern because they make you look good to the sheeple, and it's politicians who exploit children to further their image and agenda. This will do nothing to prevent further crimes, yet the sheeple follow along and believe everything you say. Nobody wants children to be harmed, but these laws do not, and never will prevent it. You are also assuming that all level 2 & 3 offenders harmed children, which is ignorance on your part.
The mayor also has provided the Library Board of Trustees with a list of six recommendations to tighten up security at the library, including installing a system that would require all people entering the facility to show photo identification and produce a library card.
- More wasted tax payers money for something to give the government more control over everyone and will do NOTHING to prevent future crimes.